What is a Birth Doula?
They are trained and experienced in techniques to support you mentally, emotionally, physically and spiritually throughout the antenatal time. The Doula understands how this support can help you to connect with your own inner confidence and courage.
The trust developed between you and your Doula is unique. They will help you to make your own informed choices by signposting you to evidence based information and research. This is your birth and you are in control of the choices that you need to make. Your Doula will support your informed choices in favour of advising you.
Your Doula will advocate for your choices in the medical environment, so that you can focus on your birth. The Doula knows how important it is to keep the birth environment quiet and undisturbed, so that the birth hormones can flow in a way that encourages natural birth. In this way, you can fully tune into your intuition, strength and power.
After the amazing journey to meet your baby, your Doula will encourage you to take your time with skin to skin contact, to connect with your new child and enjoy your first moments together, undisturbed. They are here for you and will provide dedicated, continuous support for you according to your needs.
Most of all, your Doula wants you to feel cared for, listened to, well informed, respected and loved.
Do you want to navigate your Childbearing Year with confidence?
I offer practical, physical and emotional support to help you feel empowered, informed, respected and cared for throughout your journey.
What I can offer during pregnancy:
- 2/3 prenatal sessions to get to know each other, discuss your wishes and needs, create a birth plan etc.
- Available for phone, text and email support.
- Advice on active birth positions, breathing exercises and massage techniques for use during pregnancy and labour.
- On call for you, 24/7 for 2 weeks before your due date until your baby is born.
- Offer guidance and signpost you to resources, organisations and individuals so you can be fully informed to make your own choices about your birth.
- Available to come to you at any stage during labour.
- Offer massage techniques and traditional tools to help manage physical sensations.
- Offer physical comfort measures such as guided breathing, visualisations etc.
- Advocate for your rights, birth intentions and boundaries.
- Encourage and support you in finding positions and movements to help you birth your baby.
- Offer dedicated support for you (and your partner).
- Offer reassurance and encouragement.
- Be a trusted presence who is calm, grounded, present and peaceful.
- Stay with you until after your baby is born, encouraging you to enjoy skin to skin contact and helping to take care of your environment so that you can cherish the first “golden hour” to bond with your baby.
- Manage arrangements previously planned for your placenta (encapsulation, lotus birth etc.)
- Take photos or videos from your mobile device
After your baby is born, I can offer (2 included visits):
- Home cooked, healthy food.
- Supportive herbal teas.
- Sitz baths, belly binding.
- Looking after your baby while you take care of yourself.
- Collect groceries and do other light household chores.
- Someone to talk to and listen to you share your experience, fears, joy and birth story.
- Support for infant feeding and sign post you to additional help and local groups.
YOUR INVESTMENT: $2,400 (includes all travel within 30kms of Battery Hill)
*ask me how to save $450 on this package!
Additional hours available for purchase.
Each working relationship will be unique and the support I offer is tailored specifically to your own needs.
For more information about complementary therapies available for the antenatal time, see my Pregnancy Yoga and Pregnancy Massage pages.
I look forward to speaking with you and wish you the very best for your incredible journey.